ecoAmerica, along with the American Psychological Association, released Mental Health and Our Changing Climate: Impacts, Inequities, Responses in 2021. The report chronicles the impacts of climate change on Americans’ mental health and psychological well-being. It also provides guidance and resources to act and advocate.
To commemorate Mental Health Awareness Month, ecoAmerca is highlighting the resources featured in the report. Please share these resources when and where needed. We hope they are helpful.
Resources for Cities, Counties, and States
1. Path to Positive Moving Forward Guide
2. Let’s Talk Climate from ecoAmerica
3. The Fourth National Climate Assessment from the US Global Change Research Program
4. EPA Smart Growth and Climate Change
5. Addressing the Impacts of Climate Change on Mental Health and Well-Being from the American Public Health Association
Resources For Individuals
1. Build Your Emergency Preparedness Kit from Ready.gov
2. How to Build a Kit for Emergencies from FEMA
3. Extreme Weather & Emergency Preparedness and Response Infographics from CDC
4. Make an Emergency Kit Now from Red Cross
5. Climate Solutions for Your Home and Neighborhood and Climate Solutions for Your Community from Climate for Health
6. Building Thriving, Resilient Communities from Resilience and Post Carbon Institute
Resources For Mental Health Professionals
1. Climate Solutions for Your Workplace from Climate for Health
2. Climate Solutions: Advocacy with Policy Makers from Climate for Health
3. Climate for Health Ambassadors Training
4. Americares Learning Portal
5. Hope, Health & Climate Change | Howard Frumkin, DrPH, MPH, MD, Presents and UNC School of Medicine
6. The World Health Organization’s Psychological first aid: Guide for field workers
7. Disaster Mental Health Information from American Psychological Association
8. Addressing Climate Change Concerns in Practice from American Psychological Association
9. Climate Psychiatry Alliance
10. Climate Psychology Alliance North America
ecoAmerica builds institutional leadership, public support, and political resolve for climate solutions in the United States. We help national mainstream organizations elevate their climate leadership, providing them strategy, tools and resources to: demonstrate visible climate leadership, empower climate literacy, engage all constituents, and build collective action and advocacy. We help our partners transform into national climate leaders who inspire others on solutions. ecoAmerica.org
Want the convenience of getting ecoAmerica’s newsletter and blog in your inbox? Subscribe today!
Join ecoAmerica in the call for more ambitious and just climate action. Sign the MomentUs statement today.